A: We're of the same age.
我们同龄吧。
B: But you look younger than me.
可是你看上去比我年轻。
2.A: He didn't say anything.
他什么都没说。
B: He's a very modest man.
他是个很谦虚的人。
3.A: She's been edgy lately.
她近来情绪急躁。
B: Yeah, she's not herself.
是的,有点儿不对劲。
A: It's been a long day.
今天忙了一天。
B: It's time to go home, too.
也该回家了。
2.A: Have you finished it all?
你全都做完了吗?
B: All done!
全都做完了。
3.A: Let's get down to work.
我们开始工作吧!
B: Yes, let's do it.
好的,工作吧。
A: Where were you?
你去哪儿了?
B: I went to the manager's office.
我去经理办公室了。
2.A: This copy machine doesn't work.
复印机有毛病了。
B: What?
出了什么毛病?
3.A: What's John like?
约翰是什么样的人?
B: I get along well with him.
我和他很合得来。
1.A: They're helping out the boss again.
他们又去帮上司的忙了。
B: I don't like brownnoses.
我很讨厌爱拍马屁的人。
2.A: Whose side are you on?
你是站在哪一边的?
B: I'm on your side.
我是站在你这边的。
3.A: Do you like your boss?
你喜欢你的上司吗?
B: No, he is very hard on me.
不,他对我很严厉。
1.A: He was rude to say that to you.
他对你说这样的话也太无礼了。
B: He always treats me like an enemy.
他总把我当作眼中钉。
2.A: He treated me unkindly.
他对我很粗暴。
B: But I've received kindness from him.
但他对我很好。
3.A: He'll never let you down.
他不会让你失望的。
B: I hope so.
我希望如此。
1.A: He's talkative.
他真是个多嘴多舌的人。
B: Yeah, you can say that again.
啊,一点没错。
2.A: You let me watch out for him, why?
你让我小心点他,为什么?
B: He's a smooth talker.
他的嘴甜着呢。
3.A: What's Joe like?
乔是什么样的人?
B: He's nobody's fool.
你可不能小看他。
1.A: Well, wouldn't you know it?
嘿,你不知道这件事吗?
B: Know what? Aren't you going to tell me?
什么事?你不打算告诉我吗?
2.A: He knows a lot of people.
他交际很广。
B: Yes, he is very popular.
是的,他很有人缘。
3.A: You don't like Tom, why?
你不喜欢汤姆,为什么?
B: Because he's selfish.
他太自私了。
1.A: Well, as other guys are still not in, I'll introduce you to them later.
其他人还没来,我晚些时候再介绍给你。
B: All right.
好的。
2.A: Can I speak to the manager?
请你们经理讲话,好吗?
B: May I ask who's calling, please?
请问你是哪一位?
3.A: Could I speak to Mr. Wang?
请让王先生接电话好吗?
B: I will transfer your call.
我把电话给您接过去。
1.A: He's crooked.
他性格乖张。
B: But I like him.
可我喜欢他。
2.A: I can smell your perfume a mile away.
我老远就闻见你的香水味了。
B: My perfume is romantic.
我的香水够浪漫了。
3.A: He has no sense of responsibility.
他一点儿
心都没有。
B: He's very offensive.
他真是个让人讨厌的人。
1.A: Could you connect me with Mr. Smith?
能帮我把接通史密斯先生的电话吗?
B: I'm transferring your call to the English Department.
我把您的电话接到英语系去。
2.A: Can I leave Mr. Smith a message?
能给史密斯先生留个口信吗?
B: What's the message?
请说吧。
3.A: Could you put me through to extension 1012, please?
请帮我转分机1012,好吗?
B: I beg your pardon. What's that again?
对不起,请再说一遍。
1.A: Did you manage to get through to the marketing derector?
你打通营销部主任的电话了吗?
B: The number is still engaged. I can't seem to get through.
电话还在占线,我打不通。
2.A: Could you get back to me with that information?
得到消息后你能给我来个电话吗?
B: OK.
好的。
3.A: Can I take a message? And I'll try to get him back to you.
你能给他留个便条吗?我会想办法让他给您回电话。
B: That will be fine.
那好。
1.A: Hold the line, please. Mr. Bush is in a meeting with the general manager at the moment. Can I help you?
请别挂机,布什先生正在和总经理开会,我可以帮你忙吗?
B: Well, I want to discuss with him about the new contract we signed last week.
好的,我想跟他讨论一下我们上星期签订的
。
2.A: You should be hearing from Mr. King later in the morning, Mr. Smith.
史密斯先生,早上晚些时候你会接到金先生的电话。
B: Thank you for your help. Goodbye.
谢谢你的帮忙,再见。
3.A: Hello, this is John Smith. I'd like to speak to Mr. King, please?
你好,我是约翰史密斯。我想找金先生接电话,谢谢。
B: Just a moment. (after a while) I'm sorry, at the moment he's out of the office. Would you like to leave your number?
请稍等。(过了一会儿)很抱歉,金先生现在不在办公室。您可以把您的电话号码留下来吗?
1.A: Hello, AMC Group Corporation, May I help you?
您好,AMC集团公司,有什么能为您效劳?
B: Good morning, I want to speak to your manager, but I don't have his name. Could you let me know?
早上好,我想找你们经理说话,不过我不知道他的名字,你能告诉我吗?
2.A: Hello, may I please speak with John Smith?
你好,请问约翰史密斯在不在?
B: May I ask who is calling, please?
请问你是哪一位?
3.A: Good afternoon, Sales Department. May I help you?
下午好,销售部,我能帮你什么忙吗?
B: Could I speak to Mr. Bush,please?
我可以和布什先生说话吗?
1.A: Mr. Smith, will you speak with anyone else if Mr. Jones is not in?
史密斯先生,如果琼斯先生不在,你要同其他人通话吗?
B: No, just leave a message with his secretary to have Mr. Jones call me back.
不,只要留口信给他的秘书,让琼斯先生给我回电话就行了。
2.A: Mr. King is not available. Will your party speak with anyone else?
金先生不在。贵方想与其他人通话吗?
B: No, thank you. Please keep trying.
不,谢谢,请继续试拨。
3.A: I was wondering if Jane is in.
我想知道简在不在。
B: Yes, She is in. Is she expecting your call?
是的,她在。她在等您的电话吗?
1.A: I can be reached at 33236789 until 5 p.m. today.
今天五点钟之前可以打33236789找我。
B: Thank you, sir. I'll tell him you called.
谢谢你,我会告诉他您打过电话。
2.A: Please tell him I called, and have him call me back as soon as he has some time.
请告诉他我打过电话,让他一有时间就给我回电话。
B: Yes, I'll have him call you right away.
好的,我让他尽快回电话。
3.A: May I help you?
请问您有什么事儿?
B: I'm calling to let you know about our new line of computers.
我打电话来是向您推荐我们的新电脑。
1.A: I will transfer you to her line now.
我马上把您接通到她的电话线上。
B: Thank you.
谢谢你。
2.A: Would you like to leave a message?
你想留言吗?
B: Please tell Ms. Smith I called and she can call me back at 4 p.m. today.
请告知史密斯女士我打了电话过来,她可以今天下午4点给我回电。
3.A: Does she have your number?
她知道您的号码吗?
B: Yes. Please make sure that she gets the message.
知道,请一定向她转告留言。
1.A: How can I help you?
有什么可以为您效劳的吗?
B: I'm calling to make an appoitment for my boss.
我打电话来是为我的老板预约。
2.A: What time would be good for Mrs. Black?
布莱克太太何时方便呢?
B: It would be best if they could meet on Monday morning.
安排在星期一早上见面最好。
3.A: Can I call you back later?
我能过会儿打给你吗?
B: Sure, no problem. I will be in the office for another hour or so.
没问
。我还会在办公室呆一小时左右。
1.A: I have an appointment with the sales manager at 11:30.
我在11点半与销售经理有一个约会。
B: May I have your name, please?
请问您尊姓大名,先生?
2.A: I'm the sales manager's secretary. Please come this way. I'll take you to his office.
我是销售经理秘书。请这边走,我带您去他的办公室。
B: Thank you.
谢谢。
3.A: Do you have an appointment?
你提前预约了吗?
B: Er... No, I haven't. You see, I just arrived back in the country this morning.
嗯,没有,你看,我今天早上刚刚回国。
1.A: I'm John, Mr. Smith's secretary.
我是约翰,史密斯先生的秘书。
B: Ah! We've talked with each other on the phone. Thank you for your help.
啊!我们在电话里交谈过。感谢您的帮助。
2.A: Mr. Smith is waiting for you. Let me show you his office.
史密斯先生正在等你,我带您去他的办公室吧。
B: Thanks.
谢谢。
3.A: Good morning, sir. Can I help you?
早上好,先生。我能为您效劳吗?
B: I have an appointment with your manager.
我和你们经理9点有个约会。
1.A: Do you want to make another appointment?
您想另外预约吗?
B: Yes, I suppose that's the best thing I can do now. I'll be here on Thursday morning.
好的,我想这是目前最好的办法了。周四上午十点钟我再来这儿,好吗?
2.A: Do you have an appointment?
您预约过吗?
B: No. I'm afraid I haven't. But I'll take just a few minutes of his time.
恐怕没有。科室我只要占用他几分钟的时间。
3.A: Thank you. Mr. Smith. And can I ask what you wish to see him about?
史密斯先生,谢谢。我可以问一下您找他有什么事吗?
B: I'd prefer to explain that to him directly.
我想直接跟他谈。
1.A: Sorry. Mr. Smith is having a meeting.
对不起,史密斯先生正在开会。
B: Well, I'll wait.
那好,我等吧。
2.A: Would you please wait a moment?
请您稍等一会好吗?
B: All right.
好吧。
3.A: Would you like something to drink? Tea or coffee?
您要喝点什么嘛?茶还是咖啡?
B: Tea, please.
请给我茶。
1.A: Say, when shall we get together?
我说,我们什么时候碰面呢?
B: Well, I was hoping that we could perhaps arrange a meeting at sometime tomorrow.
嗯,我在想我们也许能安排在明天什么时候见面。
2.A: How about 3:00?
3点怎么样?
B: That sounds good.
挺合适。
3.A: Where shall we meet?
我们在哪儿会面?
B: I can come to your office, or the conference room might be more comfortable.
我可以到你办公室来,或者会议室也许更舒服些。
1.A: Hi, John. I was wondering if we could get together at sometime this afternoon.
你好,约翰。我想今天下午什么时间我们是不是能见个面?
B: I'm sorry but I'm busy all afternoon. Can we make it some other time?
对不起,我整个下午都有事。我们能换个别的时间吗?
2.A: When will it be convenient for you?
你什么时候有空?
B: Let me see. I'm usually busy in the morning. So you might come over sometime in the afternoon, say, between four to five, if that suits you.
我想想,上午我通常很忙。要是方便的话,你可以在下午4点到5点之间来。
3.A: How about next Tuesda afternoon?
下星期二下午怎么样?
B: Yes, that's fine. See you then.
行,就这么定了吧。下星期二见
1.A: I'm calling to see if we can arrange a meeting. There are several matters I'd like to discuss with you.
我打电话是想看看我们能否安排一次会面。我有几件事情想跟你讨论一下。
B: Okay, when would be convenient?
可以,什么时候方便呢?
2.A: I'm looking forward to seeig you.
我期待着见到你。
B: Me too. Okay, in your office at 2:30 tomorrow, right?
我也一样。好吧,明天2点30分在你的办公室见,对吧?
3.A: Do you want to postpone the meeting to sometime later?
你准备吧会谈推迟到以后什么时间吗?
B: It's hard to tell. I'm not quite sure when I'll be back.
不好说。我不能肯定什么时候回来。
1.A: Let's just cancel the appointment for tomorrow.
我们就把明天的约会取消吧。
B: I'll call you again as soon as I'm from London.
我一从伦敦回来就给您打电话。
2.A: I'd like to fix an appointment with Mr. Yang. Would 9:30 tomorrow be all right?
我想和杨先生约个会面时间。明天九点半行吗?
B: I'm afraid not. He's got a rather full day tomorrow.
恐怕不行。他明天已安排满了。
3.A: See you then. I'm sorry about the postponement.
到时候见!很抱歉我推迟了约会时间。
B: Oh, that's all right. Have a nice trip! Goodbye!
噢,没关系。祝你出差顺利。再见!
1.A: There were a few bugs with the slider presentation, but they've all been taken care of.
幻灯机的放映本来有些小毛病,不过现在已经修好了。
B: You'd better double- and triple-check, just to make sure.
你最好再仔细检查,确定一切都没问题。
2.A: Well then, now I'd like to set the meeting schedule once and for all.
嗯,我想现在干脆就把会议时间表定下来。
B: Ok.
好。
3.A: I would like to set up a meeting so you can come and talk to us about your services in detail.
我要安排个会议,让你来给我们详细介绍你们的服务。
B: I'm available next monday, anytime after 3 p.m.
我下周一下午3点以后都有空。
1.A: I want to see Mr. Lin.
我想见林先生。
B: I'm sorryy, sir, but Mr. Lin isn't in right now. Do you have an appointment?
对不起,先生,林先生现在刚好不在。你事先约好了吗?
2.A: May I take a message?
我能替你传话吗?
B: Well, just tell him I came to see him and I will give him a ring tomorrow.
嗯,告诉他我来看过他。我明天会给他打一个电话。
3.A: Have you already noticed everyone who will attend the meeting?
你已经通知需要到会的所有人员了吗?
B: Yes, I have. They will be here on time.
是的,他们会准时到的。
1.A: When will the meeting start?
会议合适开始?
B: At seven o'clock.
7点开始。
2.A: Mary, we're going to have a board meeting next Friday. Will you please arrange it for me?
玛莉,下星期五我们准备举行一个董事会。请你帮我安排一下好吗?
B: Certainly, Mr. Smith, but can I have your plan?
当然可以了,史密斯先生,不过我能知道你的
吗?
3.A: It's a routine board meeting. The things to be discussed are all written here.
这是一次例会,要讨论的事都写在这里了。
B: Very good. May I keep it? I need it to draw up a notice of the meeting and the agenda.
很好。可以给我吗?我草拟会议通知和会议日程时要用。
1.A: You mean you need a more detailed agenda for yourself?
你是说,你自己需要一个更详细的日程?
B: Exactly. As I'm supposed to chair the meeting, I don't want it to get out of control.
是的。因为我主持会议,我不希望会议失去控制。
2.A: Where do you think we'll have the meeting?
你认为我们在哪儿开会好?
B: The conference room on the second floor, is that okay?
二楼的会议室,行吗?
3.A: I'll check if there are enough chairs, and if the lighting and air-conditioning are all right.
我会检查有没有足够的椅子,以及照明和空调是不是没有问题。
B: Good. And please get some water, glasses and ashtray ready as well.
好的。另外也请把水,杯子和烟灰缸准备好。
1.A: What about the minutes? Do you think I'm responsible for that too?
会议记录怎么办?你觉得也要我负责吗?
B: Definitely. The minutes have to be taken accurately.
那是肯定的。会议记录必须记准确。
2.A: Jane,is everything going well for tomorrow's meeting with Mr. Smith?
简,明天与史密斯先生的回忆一切都没问题吗?
B: Yes, Mr. Li. Everyone has been told by external memo.
没问题,李先生。都已经用对外备忘录通知大家了。
3.A: We don't want any big problems.
我们不希望有任何大差错。
B: I know such an important account could easily be lost through an embarrassing mistake.
我知道可能仅仅因为一个令人尴尬的纰漏,就会轻易失去这么一位大客户。
1.A: Will you need any additional equipment set up for your presentation?
你做陈述时需要其他设备吗?
B: No. I have a laptop computer. As long as we can hook that up in the conference room, we should be all set.
不需要,我有一台笔记本电脑。只要把它连接到会议室就可以了。
2.A: Is the conference room available today at 3 p.m.?
今天下午3点会议室能用吗?
B: Did you check the appointment book?
你查过登记本吗?
3.A: Do you need an overhead projector?
你需要用投影仪吗?
B: Yes. I have a PowerPoint presentation on my laptop.
是的,我在笔记本电脑里有一份PowerPoint演示文件。
1.A: Is everybody here?
人都来齐了吗?
B: Yes, everybody is here.
是的,每个人都到了。
2.A: You're most familiar with the current program. What do you think?
你对目前的
最熟悉。你有什么建议?
B: I think what we have is fine.
我觉得我们现有的就很好了。
3.A: What would you like to have? Western food or Chinese food?
您想吃点儿什么?是西餐还是中餐?
B: Well, how about beefsteak?
嗯……吃牛排好吗?
1.A: It's almost noon. How about talking further over lunch?
快中午了。何不一块儿吃午饭,再进一步谈呢?
B: That would be fine.
好呀。
2.A: You mean your company is footing the bill?
你是说公司会付?
B: Yes. In Beijing, it's common practice to treat clients on the company's account.
对,在北京,宴请客户后报销,是一般的惯例。
3.A: How about having lunch together today?
今天一块儿吃午饭,如何?
B: I'm sorry, but I already have another appointment.
抱歉,我另外有约。
1.A: Do you feel like going to that new restaurant for dinner with me?
你愿意同我一块儿去那家新开的餐馆吃晚饭吗?
B: Oh, that's a terrific idea.
噢,真是个好主意。
2.A: I'd like to discuss our new product with you. Would you like to have lunch with me at Baiyun Hotel sometime next week?
我想和你讨论一下我们的新产品。你下周可以和我在白云宾馆吃顿午
餐吗?
B: That's very fine. When exactly?
可以啊。确切时间呢?
3.A: May I help you, ma'am?
女士,我能为您效劳吗?
B: Yes. Can you help me find a souvenir for my daughter?
能不能帮我选个纪念品送给我女儿?
1.A: What can I get you?
你要些什么?
B: A cheeseburger and an order of french fries would be
great.
来一块干酪牛肉饼和一份法式炸土豆条好了。
2.A: Would you like something to drink?
要喝点什么吗?
B: I feel like having a coke.
我想喝杯可乐。
3.A: I'd like to take you out for a typical Chinese dinner.
我想带你出去吃传统的中国菜。
B: That sounds interesting. What kind of food is typical?
听起来很有趣,什么样的菜是传统菜?
1.A: Do you have time for lunch?
有时间吃午饭吗?
B: Sorry, I can't make it today. I've got a client.
抱歉,今天没办法。我要见个客户。
2.A: I'd like an American breakfast?
我要一份美式早餐?
B: An American breakfast. Certainly, ma'am.
一份美式早餐。好的,太太。
3.A: We'd better get something to eat, what do you say?
我们得吃点东西了,你说呢?
B: Let's go to a snack bar, I hope you'll like it.
我们去快餐店吧,希望你喜欢吃。
1.A: You've done me a favor. Thank you very much.
你对我的服务太周到了,非常感谢。
B: Don't mention it. I'm just doing my duty as a shop assistant.
别客气,我只是在尽一个营业员的职责。
2.A: Now, coffee and sugar. That's be thirty-five yuan in all.
嗯,咖啡和糖,总共35元。
B: Ok. Do you accept credit card?
好。你们接受信用卡吗?
3.A: I'm sorry, sir. It's out of stock now. Would you like to order one?
对不起,先生,这种货品暂时缺货,您要预订一件吗?
B: Yes, please.
好的,谢谢。
1.A: You don't have anything cheaper, have you?
你们没有更便宜的了,是吗?
B: I'm sorry we don't.
很抱歉,没有。
2.A: Can you give me a 10% discount?
能否打9折?
B: Sorry, our prices are set.
抱歉,我们不讨价还价。
3.A: Oh, it's too dear. Can you come down a bit?
哦,太贵了,可以便宜点吗?
B: I'll give you a 15% discount if you buy two.
如果您买两件,我可以给您打八五折。