大学毕业后的职业规划的生活情景英语对话
May:
So you are going to graduate from your university. Do you have any plans for the future?
你要大学毕业了,对将来有什么打算吗?
Lisa:
I want to look for a job, but I also feel that I need to know more about my subject of study.
我想找份工作,但是我又感觉需要对我所学的专业有更进一步的了解。
May:
I think if you feel that way, then going to graduate school is the right path for you.
如果你那样想的话,去念研究生是你最好的选择。
Lisa:
I have considered that. But sometimes I feel that I just don't have the passion for the college life any more.
我也那样考虑过,但是有时候我感觉自己没有激情继续过大学生活了。
May:
Why?
为什么?
Lisa:
I don't know. Maybe I am just feeling a little bit tired after so many years of study.
我也不知道。也许经过这么多年的学习,我感觉有点倦怠了。
May:
Yeah, graduate school is an energy and time consuming endeavor.
嗯,研究生学院是一个消磨精力和时间的地方。
Lisa:
What's more, I am really busy right now, writing my graduate thesis and preparing for the interview. If I look for a job, I surely will have no time for the graduate school entrance exam.
还有,我现在真的很忙,写我的
,准备答辩。如果我要找工作,我就真的没有时间准备研究生入学考试了。
May:
Have you figured out what career you want?
你想过要从事什么职业吗?
Lisa:
No, not yet. But a career that requires advanced education is always my dream: college professor, biologist, lawyer, researcher, doctor…
还没有,但是要求高等教育水平的职业一直是我的梦想,比如大学教授、生物学家、律师、研究员、医生等等。
May:
You are so ambitious! But which subject do you want to work on?
你真有志向!但是你想从事哪方面的工作呢?
Lisa:
I don't know. I think probably I need to buy a few years while I figure out about my career.
我不知道,我想我可能需要几年的时间来确定我的职业方向。
May:
Then why not get a job and have someone pay you? You can still go to graduate school later if you need or want to.
为什么不找份工作,先赚点钱呢?如果你需要或者想念研究生,你可以以后去。
Lisa:
Yeah, and I think I will be a much better student once I know what I am there for.
嗯,我想当我更明确自己的目标以后,我会是个更加优秀的学生。
May:
Yeah, after gaining some work experience, you will be much clearer about what you are doing now.
是啊,等你获得一些工作经验以后,你就会更清楚你现在在做什么。
Lisa:
Exactly, I need to make a decision at once. Time and tide wait for no man.
没错,我需要立刻做决定。时间不等人嘛。
graduate from ... 从……毕业;获得学位
She graduated from an American college.
她从一所美国的学院毕业。
What's more 更重要的是, 而且
prepare for 准备
The teacher urged his students to prepare for the exam.
老师劝他的学生准备考试。
figure out vt. 想出, 解决
I can't figure out why he quit his job.
我琢磨不透他为什麽要辞掉工作。
make a decision 作出决定
We'll kick some ideas around and make a decision tomorrow.
我们先酝酿一下,明天再作决定。